SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Effective SEO strategies will help your site rank higher and more accurately in search engines, like Google. If I write about travel in Italy, I want my posts to rank high in the search results. When someone searches for Italy Travel Guides, I want my blog to rank on the first page of the search engine site.
The ultimate goal of SEO is to increase your website’s SERP (Search Engine Results Page) ranking.You can optimize SEO with YouTube videos. Creating and publishing videos will help enhance your social media reputation. You will enhance SEO efforts, reach more people with videos and drive traffic to your website when you create and upload videos into your posts.
YouTube is a very popular search engine. I like to integrate videos or photo slide sharing into my blog posts. Go to www.youtube.com/create for information
or https://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/register to set up a free account.
When you log into YouTube you will see many options for creating videos. Pick an option and click on the “Create Video” button. I like to use the Stupeflix option or the “One Media” option for my photo slide shows. If you have an iPad 2, it’s easy to video and send it to YouTube immediately.
After you load your photos, you will select some music from the music menu. Make sure that the song is long enough in duration to match the video.
Videos serve as effective linkbait; they will generate more links and more traffic for your site. They will bolster your ranking with search engines. Check out YouTube’s most popular videos to see what makes them so popular. Oftentimes, the video is funny or teaches a meaningful lesson like our WordPress Tutorials. Watch this very helpful SEO video so you can effectively tag your videos.
Here’s an interesting video about page rank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYWlEItizjI&feature=g-vrec
To optimize the video, follow these rules initially:
1. Create a sexy title
2. Keep it short
3. Tag the video to enhance SEO
4. Use the word “Video” in the Title.
5. Optimize the introduction, description and comments.
6. When you embed the video in your blog, make sure it has words (text) around it so the search engines can find the tags.
7. You can do an “audio swap” on YouTube if you don’t like the music.
8. Publish your video on YouTube. Then follow the WordPress instructions for embedding your video in your blog. Make sure that you create your own YouTube Channel. Monitor the “Insight” stats on YouTube to find out how your channel is doing.
9. You will need the URL of your video to embed it on your blog. Copy the complete YouTube URL from the address bar and follow the WordPress instructions. It is also helpful to use www.prlog.com to create a free press release about your new video feature.
You can embed the video in YouTube by following these steps:
1. Go to www.youtube.com and click on your video.
2. When your video starts to play click on the “Share” button under the video.
3. Click on the “Embed” button and Copy the “code”.
- Why You Should Kick Google SEO & Hop On YouTube (johnchow.com)
- Your Essential Guide To Dominating Your Niche On YouTube (eblogtip.com)
- How To Place YouTube Video Inside Your BizzBizz Page (techmadly.com)
- YouTube Videos – Embed… or EMBED! (elearningcentralia.wordpress.com)
- Simple Ways to Rank High on YouTube (epiphanysolutions.co.uk)
- Boosting Your Video Views on YouTube (leccoworkshop.com)
- YouTube Aggregates Videos Shared on a Blog (speedofcreativity.org)
- How to Botl and Share YouTube Videos (botlnotes.com)